cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset security password on CCM 6.X

rraver
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CCM 6.X BE that we need to reset the security password on. when we go to do it command line we get a prompt for the old password, how can we do this without knowing the old password or recover the old password?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See section 2-2 of the OS Admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptp_601.pdf

The "pwrecovery" account will allow you to reset both OS admin and security passwords.

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Michael Owuor
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See section 2-2 of the OS Admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_0_1/cucos/iptp_601.pdf

The "pwrecovery" account will allow you to reset both OS admin and security passwords.

Regards,

Michael.

Michael,

This was to have presence integrate with CCM when the first screen pops up and it tries to establish trust with the CCM machine it still fails. Any thoughts on this? I know the password is right, and the only other thing it asks for is hostname and IP.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Has the Presence server been added to CUCM as an Application Server?

Michael.

Hi,

Tell me, please, if I change security password for my CCM 6.0.1 publisher by  "pwrecovery" account, what's happen with my subscriber server? Are the subscriber lost connection to publisher database? May I change security password anywere on subscriber too?

Thanks,

Dmytro Ostapenko.

The cluster password has to be the same on all the servers in the cluster. Security password, OS password and CCM admin password. SO if you change the password on the publisher, you MUST change it on the subscriber too otherwise your cluster will be broken

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: