ICND2 Simulator Tips and Study Help Needed

Unanswered Question
May 29th, 2008

I am stuggling passing my ICND2. Its the worst when I get to a simulation or a simlet with multiple questions.

I allow myself 10 min to accomplish, but always get frustrated and run out of time.

I know the commands and work on my home routers and switchs and understand the CLI, but in the sims, the commands I would typically use (debugs) to find answers are usually disabled and I spin my wheels trying to find the correct commands. Additionally, I can scroll or adjust screen size to see thing, but not in the exam.

I need help, as I am really struggling with going from a REAL IOS, to these watered down exam sims. Any recommendations?

Are there any good labs I can do on my home equipment?

Are there any good simulators with tasks simular to whats used in the exams.

I have found no labs, simulators, or excersises that come close to detailing the information you need to know on the exams. Help!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
s.conway Sun, 06/01/2008 - 00:55

Have you tried the Cisco CCNA Prep Center? It does have labs and practice questions. Also, there is the exam demo which you can use to get used to the simulator questions. I found that part of the battle was just getting used to the simulator and having to switch back and forth between the question, the lab, and the diagram. Once I got the hang of it, it made taking the test much easier.

This Discussion