CSS 11506 single server getting more hits

Unanswered Question
May 29th, 2008

Dear Pros,

I configured css 11506 for one of our customer.We are using 2 servers to load balance the load.But so far only one server getting most of the hits, i mean more than 80% hits.

Please give the more suitable load balancing method to configure to resolve this issue.

Please find below attached the secipt of the config.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Gilles Dufour Fri, 05/30/2008 - 02:32

You are doing stickyness.

advanced-balance sticky-srcip

Therefore there is no loadbalancing anymore.

The CSS is forced to send the same client/src ip to the same server.

Because of NAT and mega-proxy it is well-known that sticky src ip will create uneven load between the servers.

For HTTP traffic, you could use 'advanced-balance arrowpoint' to rely on cookies instead of source ip to do stickyness.

arumugasamy Mon, 06/02/2008 - 05:36

Dear Gfour,

Thanks for your information. Please could you give me the best load balancing method to configure to share the load evenly bet 2 servers. ACA being used based on the load and weight.

Please could you give the sample configuration.

Gilles Dufour Thu, 06/05/2008 - 12:31

the loadbalancing algorithm is unrelevant if you do stickyness.

The sticky rule will overried the loadbalancing decision.

For HTTP traffic, you should use leastconn or roundrobin for loadbalancing and 'adcanced-balance arrowpoint' for the sticky method.

freost Thu, 06/05/2008 - 09:09

Hello. If session persistence from client to server isnt required, you could change your load balancing type from advanced-balance sticky-srcip to round robin by removing the advanced balance statement.

This Discussion