Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS 11506 single server getting more hits

arumugasamy
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Pros,

I configured css 11506 for one of our customer.We are using 2 servers to load balance the load.But so far only one server getting most of the hits, i mean more than 80% hits.

Please give the more suitable load balancing method to configure to resolve this issue.

Please find below attached the secipt of the config.

Thanks

swami

5 Replies 5

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are doing stickyness.

advanced-balance sticky-srcip

Therefore there is no loadbalancing anymore.

The CSS is forced to send the same client/src ip to the same server.

Because of NAT and mega-proxy it is well-known that sticky src ip will create uneven load between the servers.

For HTTP traffic, you could use 'advanced-balance arrowpoint' to rely on cookies instead of source ip to do stickyness.

Gilles.

Dear Gfour,

Thanks for your information. Please could you give me the best load balancing method to configure to share the load evenly bet 2 servers. ACA being used based on the load and weight.

Please could you give the sample configuration.

Thanks

swami

the loadbalancing algorithm is unrelevant if you do stickyness.

The sticky rule will overried the loadbalancing decision.

For HTTP traffic, you should use leastconn or roundrobin for loadbalancing and 'adcanced-balance arrowpoint' for the sticky method.

Gilles.

freost
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. If session persistence from client to server isnt required, you could change your load balancing type from advanced-balance sticky-srcip to round robin by removing the advanced balance statement.

Thanks lot fro your info

Let me try it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: