cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

adv vs disadv CUCM 6 and CCM 4.1

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

What is advantages and disadvantages about CUCM 6? What is priciple difference between CUCM 6 and CCM 4.1?

Where Can I read about this?

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alexandr,

CCM 4.1 is built on a Windows Server 2000 platform and has been announced as End of Life. The feature set is getting a little old now and there have been many improvements in the more recent CCM Trains.

CCM 6.x is based on CCM 4.2(3) and incorporates that excellent feature set (on a Linux platform).Most people seem to find the Linux Appliance version of CCM much easier to work with. Upgrades can be done on "split partitions" so rolling back to the previous version is much quicker. The feature set in CCM 6.x is pretty vast and the 6.1(2) version seems to have most of the Bugs worked out (most ;-)

I think most people here would advocate going straight to CCM 6.1(2)

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd806f41d9.html

Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.x feature enhancements:

•AAC/iLBC Voice Codec Support

•Advanced Ad Hoc Conference

•Audible Message Waiting Indicator

•Barge Enhancements

•Call Diagnostics and Voice Quality Metrics

•Call Forward Enhancements

•Call Forward All Calling Search Space Backward Compatibility

•Call Forward Overriding

•Call Pickup Notification

•Cisco Messaging Interface Enhancements

•Cisco Unified Communications Manager T1 CAS Hookflash Transfer Support

•Connected Number Display

•Credential Policy and User Authentication

•CTI Enhancements

•Device Mobility

•Directed Call Park

•Do Not Disturb

•Hold Reversion

•Intercom

•Licensing Enhancements

•Log Out of Hunt Groups

•Overlap Sending and Receiving for H.323 Gateways

•MGCP T.38 Enhancements

•Privacy on Hold

•Programmable Line Keys

•SCCP Optimization

•SDL Traces

•SIP Endpoints Support

•SIP Third-Party Phones Enhancements

•SIP Trunk Enhancements

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_0_1/601cmrn.html#wp44812

Hope this helps!

Rob

To add to the excellent list, you also have built in Mobility Manager, called Mobility Connect (single reach number), Precense Support, True SIP trunks, SIP stations (SIP Phones). The big one in my opinion is Database Resiliance which means that Subsriber Database is no longer read only and some features previously not available in cases of publisher failure are still present, i.e. Call Forward All, MWI, etc.

Chris

Hey Chris,

Yes, some very good points here :) +5 points for this great info. Nice to see you back posting (your participation here is most valued)

Take care,

Rob

Thank you Rob,

I took 6 or so months off due to hectic work schedule, I found myself slow for couple of weeks and visited NetPros. Hopefully I can spare some more time :-)

Chris

welcome back Chris

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

All netpros starts are back!!, guys just leave some posts to answer ok?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: