Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN card issue

Hi all,

Can anyone please confirm that the following card can be used for a ISDN PRI for voice connection: VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ni, it cannot be used for PRI. You need VWIC or VWIC2, and a number of DSP resurce depending on how many channels you have active.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Ni, it cannot be used for PRI. You need VWIC or VWIC2, and a number of DSP resurce depending on how many channels you have active.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

julio
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue and you may need to upgrade the IOS on the router. I had this issue before and as it turned out, the VIC2 card was a second generation card and the router's IOS did not support 2nd generation cards. YOu may want to look that up.

Sorry but what did you mean by you may need to upgrade the IOS on the router?

so to sum what you said i can use it for PRI in the event if i upgrade the IOS but the card has the Name BRI so it's only usable for BRI connection not PRI thanks for replying soon i need this kind of information :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: