cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunnel traffic over MPLS 1Gbit/sec

bjarneaak
Level 1
Level 1

I want to tunnel my traffic over an MPLS, some of my app. is sensitiv according MTU, so there will be some amount of fragmentation, I have connection speed at 1 Gbit/sec. What equipment (router/switch xxxx) can i use for this ???

5 Replies 5

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

are you planning to terminate this MPLS circuit on a ethernet port or planning for any OC/POS interface ?

Whats the mode of last mile drop your SP providing to you ?

regds

Hi

I'll terminate the tunnel on a gigabitethernet.

The reason for the tunnel is the price that my SP is going to take for implementing dynamic routing (ospf/bgp) in the MPLS.

I dont understand your question "Whats the mode of last mile drop your SP providing to you" ?

Regards Bjarne

Hi

I was referring whether you SP is providing the 1 Gbps connectivity on Gigethernet or traditional POS interface.

Also post your current device deployment and topology so that suitable suggestions can be made.

regds

Hi

My device deployment and topology .... We have a "big" network, there is abot 50 small locations, 10 larger with backup lines.. The 2 locations that is going to use the new MPLS is the central part of our company with server farms on both locations. On this site, our backbone is 2 catalyst 6509.. On the site the backbone is 2 catalyst 4506..

The new MPLS is taking the place instead of one of the 100 Mbit lan2lan connection we running our traffic on today .. Is this enough ????

Regards

Hi

Its clear that you want to have this 1G connectivity between these 2 locations where you gotta 6500 on onsie and 4500 on the other side.

do u want to use this link for any kinda replication between these two centers???

Though i am not sure about GRE's support with 4500 i would suggest to check out for a router to terminate this connectivity instead of putting them on the switches .

I hope you have one more device out there to terminate the 50+10 remote locations...

You can check out the feasibility of terminating the new connectivity onto that.

But if you are still left with no choice other than terminating onto the 6500/4500 then you can ask the SP for different flavour of MPLS (like ERS/EWS) based on your requirement out there...

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: