cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia ICC over VPN

p-coelho
Level 1
Level 1

The SCCP connection for Nokia ICC ask for an access point configuration. How to configure SCCP behing a VPN tunneling ?

15 Replies 15

pasimahone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just configure access point to your device and put it to SCCP profile.

Nokia ICC will handle VPN AP as a normal access point.

It's always good try the AP with browser (to see that AP really works)

Thanks,

-Pasi-

Txs.

But when I search for available Access Point in SCCP configuration I don't have the VPN connection name.

Everything works fine inside VPN except Nokia ICC.

Hi,

So you have defined AP to your device?

(Tools->Settings->Connection->Access Points)

And you are able to use that AP e.g. with browser?

And when you go to SCCP settings you cannot see the AP you have defined?

(Tools->Settings->Connection->SCCP settings)

Which device you are using? And which firmware (*#0000#)

-Pasi-

Im using a E51 with a full license of the ICC product. When I connect using a SW VPN inside the Nokia phone and want to connect using browser I have the capabilitie of choosing the VPN connection as a ACCESS POINT virtual connection. For SCCP connection I only can choose the Access Points available connections and never have the VPN connection option to choose. All aplications can use the VPN connection except SCCP ou SIP configuration.

Hi,

For me the VPN access point is selectable, but the phone won't register.

The vpn is made via 3G and not wifi.

I guess the problem is because the phone was configured on the callmanager with the mac address of the wireless card. How can I find the mac address of the packet data card inside the phone?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

Nokia ICC 1.1.1 doesn't support 3G or mVPN connections. But 1.1.2 client will support.

Device will use same mac address even if connection is made via 3G or mVPN.

You can see MAC address with this code: *#62209526#

-Pasi-

Hi,

Nokia ICC 1.1.2 is now available.

It supports 3G and mVPN connections.

You can find the latest client from here:

http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/nokia_intellisync_call_connect_for_cisco_downloads.php

Hi,

Nokia ICC 1.1.1 (1.55(4)) client doesn't support SW based (virtual) VPN Acces Points.

Nokia ICC 1.1.2 will support also mobile VPN access points. Client will be released soon.

Latest mVPN client from Nokia is here: http://www.businesssoftware.nokia.com/mobile_vpn_downloads.php

-Pasi-

Hi,

I have now installed the lates version of the ICC client and am able to make calles via the VPN connection over 3 G. Woks fine a long as you're not moving (in a car the connection breaks up even if the signal remains strong).

Rgds,

Jeroen

Hi,

Good to hear that it works at least in some level.

I'm affraid that when you are moving ,there might be some shadow/blind areas in 3G connection. So connection breaks up means that phone deregisters from CUCM or voice breaks up in a call?

How fast is your 3G connection?

I would say HSDPA connection would be ideal when running with mVPN+3G.

-Pasi-

Hi,

The connection is HSDPA 3.6 Mbit

When standing still, you cannot hear the difference between a 3g/vn call or a normall wifi call. But when you are driving, the cal breaks up, it does not disconnect from the cucm, but there is just a lot of delay (not workable).

I still need to get it to work via wifi/vpn

Rgds,

Jeroen

Hi,

At least here in Finland I can drive 120km/h in a motorway while speaking without any connection/voice problems.

I believe your operator's 3G connection is just not fast enough in certain areas.

Do you have some problems with wifi/vpn or you just haven't tried that yet?

-Pasi-

Hi,

Yes that's possible.

What codec are you using when connected via VPN/3G ? Mine is still set to G711 which offcourse consumes more bandwidth. Maybe switching to G729 would help.

I tested brifly yesterday the wifi/vpn but did not get it to work (no time to trubleshoot yet). The wifi connection was behind arouter, so my phone had a private IP.

Will try and do some more tests over the weekend.

Jeroen

Hi,

I have used G711 but switching to G729 might help in your case.

I think you are among the first end-users who have tried NICC with mVPN :)

I hope you'll get wifi/VPN as well as 3G/VPN working properly.

-Pasi-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: