I want to upgrade my unity boxes from 4.0(5) to Unity 5.X could you please provide the proper documentation, I can't find it anywhere
If Failover is not working now, then I would make sure you remove Failover completely from each of the boxes.
- go through the Product Upgrade Tool on the "Ordering" page off Cisco.com Enter in your contract number so you can order the upgrade for Unity 4.x to 5.x. Also, if you are on Windows 2000, you can stay Windows 2000, but I would recommend upgrading to Windows 2003. Select this for your upgrade as well. If it's not there, you are not "entitled" for the OS upgrade.
- Cisco will ship the DVDs and PAK keys via SNAIL MAIL to your address. If you order the Windows 2003, it will come with new Cisco Unity Platform discs for 2003. Which are great, they automatically load up your MCS servers for Unity. (minus Unity)
- Once Loaded with OS, load the SQL server, Exchange 2003 System Management and SPs for it. (SP for SQL also). This should MATCH your old Unity server.
** I would recommend you use your Failover server as your new Unity Primary server. You can rebuild the entire Unity server on the old Failover server with Unity 4.05 (same versions and ES levels as your other primary server.)
Im assuming your Current unity and non working failover server are identical pieces of hardware.
Once you have the Unity sever loaded up as the new server, you can DIRT Export and DIRT import to the new Unity server. The new Unity server will be running:
- Windows 2003 and all service packs
- Unity 4.05 and ES patches matching old server
- SQL 2000 SP4 and patches
- Exchange 2003 SP2 and patches
- having [email protected] change rehome your license from the old MAC address to the NEW MAC address. Usually a simply email to them with the old MAC address, OLD .LIC file and new MAC address, they can complete this quickly.
Now you can move on to the next step, the upgrade, which is fairly straight forward. Insert the 5.01 discs, run the schema updates, upgrade Unity, aquire new Unity 5.x licenses and you now have a fully functional Unity 5.x server.
Take your old Primary server offline, reload with with the new Platform discs to 2003. But instead of installing Unity 4.x, you can right to Unity 5.x. You can use the built 10 subscriber 2 port license until you run the Failover wizard.
I know it's a little brief, but hopefully gives you an idea of what to expect.