cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 stack management

ryandm0tt
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to set up a stack of switches in a way that you can ssh into a particular switch on the stack or do you have to go CLI to that switch from the master?

Not sure if there is something virtual that can be set up on the master. Just a question.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally you manage a 3750 stack as a single switch. The stack member's ports appears much as the line cards do on a chassis switch.

You can SSH into the stack, again as a single virtual switch, if you have a IOS image that supports SSH and its configured.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally you manage a 3750 stack as a single switch. The stack member's ports appears much as the line cards do on a chassis switch.

You can SSH into the stack, again as a single virtual switch, if you have a IOS image that supports SSH and its configured.

Joe,

Thanks. That's what I figured, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't sending the wrong info back up the chain.

You saved me a little work. I had thought about initially setting up some of the member switches with their own loopback0 IP addresses in hopes that when I stacked them, they'd retain that info, but from what I've seen, it does in fact just appear as one big healthy switch.

We'll roll with this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco