Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC AP Configuration Example

ravinator
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please excuse my lack of network knowledge but I am trying to follow the Cisco configuration example provided here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_configuration_example09186a0080665cdf.shtml

I have a 4402 controller connected to a 3750 via fibre on GE1/0/1 (VLAN60 Trunk), an AP on FE1/0/3 (VLAN5 10.5.5.1 /24) and my laptop connected to FE1/0/1 (VLAN50 192.168.50.1 /24).

The example doesnt explain anything about connecting the DHCP server. My access points send out a DISCOVERY but receive no response.

Can anybody help me out?

Rav

3 Replies 3

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Rav,

Where is the DHCP server? Do you want the WLC to give out the addresses?

Hi,

I have now gotten rid of the VLAN50 to try and make things simpler. My DHCP server is on 192.168.60.10 which is same VLAN as WLC (VLAN60).

I cannot ping the WLC from any computer or even the switch. I cannot access the WLC web manager.

Rav

Sounds like you have a trunking config problem on your WLC. What VLANs are being used, what does the switch interface config look like and how are the WLC interfaces configured?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card