Views
Helpful
Replies

10 Gbps Cisco Module reads 4.3 Gbps via solarwinds

edgar_pascal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

i try to discover 10 Gbps port trunk via solarwinds detects 4.3 Gbps, but via telnet detects 10 Gbps ? Could you explain me ?

Regards,

Lian

5 Replies 5

Mark Yeates
Level 7
Level 7

Lian,

Is this an older version of solarwinds? My guess is that 10 Gbps links were not around when the software was written. You can trust the output of the switch as it is a ten gig interface.

HTH,

Mark

Mark,

i'm using solarwind 8.2, when i discovered

cisco link 1 gbps via SFP read is 1 Gbps,

why 10 gbps reads 4.3 Gbps ?

Regards,

Lian

That version a few years old. 10GB ethernet was new at that time. 1GB has been around for quite a while as 10GB is becoming more common these days. I am fairly certain that 4.3GB/s is the max monitoring capabilities your version of solar winds. You might try to update your version to be able to monitor the full throughput of your 10Gb link.

Mark

Ok,

i'll try to update my solarwinds.

i just thinking may be about fiber optic media specification ? Could be my speed show 4.3 Gbps ?

Lian

Your 10GB interface does not reflect your fiber connection. Bottom line is the fact that your link is 10GB. Your current monitoring software is not capable of monitoring at that speed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: