cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

logging

dinesh1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have an issue with logging in one of my 6509 switch .Whe i checked the logs primary 6509 switch i can see lot of ospf route addition and deletion eg shown below :

":05:10.894: RT: add 172.17.92.0/24 via 172.16.255.17, ospf metric [110/121]" at

the same time when i check the secondary 6509 switches and my core 7609 routers i am not able to see the same logging messages . The logging configurtions of all my datacenter devices are same .

Could you pls help me to close this logging issue .

-- regards

kannan

3 Replies 3

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Type undebug all

It seems someone turned on OSPF debugging.

HTH,

__

Edison.

HI,

In addition to Edision's POST:

Type "term no mon"

So, the logging output are not thrown in the Terminal Screen instantly, which could disturb while doing some Important Configuration.

Pls Rate all Informative POST

Best Regards,

Guru Prasad R

kannan

What underlies the suggestion from Edison, and would make it effective, is that this output is produced by the fact that you are running debug ip rout on that switch but not on the other. So turning off debug will eliminate the output and make the output on all more similar.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card