Link Encryption

Unanswered Question
Jun 1st, 2008

Hi,

I want to setup link encryption between my Head Office and remote sites. I have heard of two solutions for this. one is IPSec and the other is Tunneling.

Can some one please tell me which one of the above two is better and is there any other techinque that i need to look into. Plus, a working example for this would be really helpful. By the way, i am using DXX, SCPC and Radio Links.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

- Jay

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Average Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
spremkumar Mon, 06/02/2008 - 00:10

Hi

If you are talking about GRE as tunneling it doesnt add any encryption to the packets its just a encapsulation mechanism which allows you to have your communication between your local lan (on private network) established over the public network or internet world.

On the other hand IPSEC adds encryption strength to the data traffic which you want to be protected or secured from external threats.

you can refer the below link for more info in configuring the ipsec between the routers placed in different locations.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk372/tech_configuration_examples_list.html#anchor16

regds

jaykishan Mon, 06/02/2008 - 03:18

Hey Prem,

Thanks for your help. I am sure your provided link will solve my proble. But if anything comes up, i will ask you again. OK.

Regards,

- Jay

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted June 1, 2008 at 8:58 PM
Stats:
Replies:2 Avg. Rating:4
Views:282 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard