Views
Helpful
Replies

End-of-Life Dates of Cisco Routers and Switches

jpl861
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I know this is not the right spot to post this question but I'm kinda in a hurry. Do you have any list of Cisco routers and switches' EOL? I will be needing the exact dates so we can project our budget for next year's upgrade. Thanks.

John

5 Replies 5

Hi John,

Refer to the following link -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/tsd_products_support_end-of-sale_and_end-of-life_products_list.html

You can browse through individual product and have a look at the EOS notice whcih will provide you the information on EOS/EOL dates.

-> Sushil

Hi Sushil,

Thanks for the reply. What I'm looking for is the exact date for all devices. For example, the exact EOL date for 3700 series router. I don't know which part here describes the exact EOL.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps282/prod_end-of-life_notice0900aecd80444877.html

Thanks

John

Hi John,

You won't get the dates for ALL the devices in a single doc.

Table 1. in the mentioned link states the EOS/EOL dates for Cisco 3700 routers. You can see the affected part number later in the doc.

End-of-Life Announcement Date - 27-MAR-2006

End-of-Sale Date - 27-MAR-2007

Last Date of Support - 25-MAR-2012

Let me know if I haven't understood your point correctly.

-> Sushil

Yes that's what I'm looking for. However, I do not understand the meaning of EOL Announcement Date. As you can see, the EOS is way after the EOL. I think it should be the other way around. Do you have any idea?

John

The EoL announce date is the date the end of life was announced, you will then typically have six months if you want to stock up on a product before it goes EoS (End Of Sale) then there will be a number of dates where differing thinggs happen - end of rouyting fail analysys etc, right the way to the real end of life (typically 5 years) where you willl no longer be able to get spares out of Cisco.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: