Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity "Remove Subscriber Properties" Questions

We ran into a few Unity issues which have largely been fixed, however during the troubleshooting process had to run "Remove Subscriber Properties" on a few accounts, then later restored Unity from backup. Even though the subscriber properties were deleted from AD, it appears all is working Ok. My questions are:

1) What's the impact of having a Unity Subscriber, but having deleted their AD Unity Properties?

2) Is there a way to restore the AD properties?

Like I said, things appear to be working okay. I suspect it's because we had to run the Message Store Configuration Wizard again after the restore and perhaps that set the subscriber properties back to the accounts. Just a guess.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Brian

1 Reply 1

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Brian -

I think I can address and or answer your questions:

1) Have you confirmed the AD properties, i.e. CiscoEscbu* related attributes, are missing from an existing Unity subscriber by using ADSIEdit? It could be the attribute information is still in the UnityDb in the Subscribers Table. It is my understanding there is a push from Unity to AD when the user is imported. Replication is then pulled from AD to the UnityDb via the ObjectChangeId field in the Subscribers table. You could check in SQL to see if the information for a subscriber appears OK. Another recommendation would be to run DbWalker report and make sure it says all is OK.

2) Easiest way to restore the AD properties if you don't find the attributes populated is to delete/reimport the user. You can make this easier on the user by copying the spoken name and greeting wav files off first. Delete the user and then reimport. AD properties updated at this time. Reapply/upload wav files. Uncheck on profile page the need to enroll when call into Unity. The only thing that does change is the user's password.

Regards, Ginger