Views
Helpful
Replies

Web sites

examples20001
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a requirment to display our company web sites in our IP Phone panel. My CCM is 5.1.2 and IP Phone models are 7970.

How to display the web sites in IP Phone display panel?

How and what configuration need in CCM server?

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would have to have your website configured for XML and have it scaled down to fit onto the IP phones. There are some third party apps that may or may not work for this. Something like IPcelerate or LiteScape might be able to help with this.

Basically, it would be a Service. You would press Services, select the "service" it would connect you to the server that would serve the XML pages. There is not much on the CUCM server it self, other than configuring the Services for each phone and subscribring them to it.

It's not an easy task you are trying to do, unless you are programmer with lots of XML expierence, etc. The third party apps mentions above will be more useful, but also have a cost associated to them.

cheers!

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details.

My web site is running in XML.

I tried to putting our company web site in CCM services and tried to access from my IP Phone, but it gave so many error, showing html tags and so on.

Is their any other free software by which I can design some basic website to test and show that this is possible and I need a good software/service to develop it.

Your website may be XML, but its not formatted for the screen size it needs to be at on the 7970 phone. Make a test website with just a couple words on it to see if it pops up on the screen from the phone and then go from there. Most things I have seen are simple items like stock feeds from a website, etc. Cisco did have an SDK server for CUCM 4.x, but I dont think it works anymore in 5.x and 6.x.

There is another forum in Developers forum. Maybe one of those guys can help.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20Developers&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_messages%26mode%3Dnew%26location%3D.ee94c94

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: