Views
Helpful
Replies

one way audio path over MGCP FXO port

t-alkhalidi
Level 1
Level 1

hi experts,

i have strange issue with one way path over FXO port. the issue that i can make 2 way path ext to ext call and also from communicator softphone to outside using fxo, only when i call from hardphone like cisco 7912 or 7941 over FXO i had one way path. any idea what could be the reason. its really urgent appreciate any help

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sounds like a vlan issue between the data and voice. The the FXO is on the data vlan somehow and the rest is on the voice vlan.

Check all your routing and switching between the 79xx phones and the voice router where the FXO port is.

well i have done that , the phones already regisetred where both the call manager and voice gateway (FXO) on the same subnet.the router is 2821 i already configured the defualt gateway but also later on i added command IP routing to enable routing in general , im not sure if i need this command if already configured the defualt gateway for the voice gateway. it sounds somtimes blank with little crack, even music on source sound tooo low hardly to hear. i would like to know how possible to determine the cuase of the problem. any idea how to tune the FXO

how would i know whats the best paramter for my FXO ? the telco not helping at all but most probably they use Seimens as pubblic switch services. i have seen alot of documents but how will determine the the best gian and ...?

what should i ask my telco provider to tune the FXO port setting??, we expereince very low voice volume on the phones when making external calls to the PSTN. also Music on hold hardly you hear it over PSTN.

kindly note in mind that we are in not supported country no locale for that country

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: