Views
Helpful
Replies

AP 1200 series and MS IAS

rhltechie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am attempting to set up a cisco 1231 to authenticate to a win2k3 box via IAS on the windows box. I have followed the cisco and microsoft documents about setting up PEAP but I am having some issues. I am pushing the info to the clients via GPO and have two test clients. One client sees the SSID broadcasted and has all the correct properties and it says "automatic" in grey when I view the networks but it does not connect. The other client has the correct propertes for the SSID in its wireless config but does not even recognize that the AP is in range and they clients are sitting right beside one another. I see nothing in the EV of the windows box and nothing in the debugging of the AP. It's as if they are not even attemtping, but I stumped as to why. Can someone help me out?

My config is attached.

3 Replies 3

jesper_petersen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi rhltechie,

Maybe you should try and set the AP to use a fixed channel of either 1, 6 or 11?

I've experienced that older wireless client NICs are not capable of using some channels which may be selected by the auto channel-selection process. In my example when I used channel 13 then my clients could not even see the SSID nor connect to it if I hardcoded the information to the clients.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I tried your suggestion with no luck.

Thanks

so more info...I setup a guest SSID on a different vlan and I can successfully connect to the unit. can someone please let me know if my config looks ok for the PEAP part?

Again..I have looked at the IAS server logs and nothing...also nothing on the AP logs...but I know its logging because I see entries from the guest access.

anyone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card