cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CDR Billing Server - set it to connect every 30 mins?

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Is there a way to set up Call Manager 5.1.2 to send CDR files to the billing server just every 30 minutes?

10 Replies 10

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

CDR Repository Manager pushes the CDR files to the Billing Servers. It establishes a SFTP/FTP session with the remote billing server and send files one by one. And if for any reason the file is not been send first time, it tries one more time without generating any alarm. But if it fails second time also, the alarm will be send and the retry interval will be doubled for every failure upto 2 minutes, i.e., Initially CDRM check the files for every 6 seconds; if there is any failure the retry interval will be 6 * 2=12 seconds; fails again 12* 2 = 24 seconds etc....upto 2 minutes. Once it reaches 2 minutes, the retry interval for every failure will be 2 minutes. And CDRM will keep trying to send the files until the CDR/CMR preservation days expires.

There is no web interface available, through which you can send the files for a particular time range.

Gonzalo

Great info. Thanks for the details.

We had a reporting vendor tell us it must be set to send every 30 minutes as they can't have a constant FTP/SFTP session connected to their system sending data all the time.

Do you know if there is a Cisco document stating the above retry times, and that there is not a way to set it to send the files a certain time interval?

The reporting vendor is stating that Call Manager can be configured to FTP the CDR files in a certain time frame and we need to configure this setting to be at least 30 minute intervals.

You can set this using CDR file interval parameter in Enterprise parameters.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yea, I just remembered about that after posting this. I was trying to keep the CCM CDR interval seperate from the Billing server FTP timeframe.

Thanks.

That parameter can help us, let me explain it a little better since I check my 6.X server and still mentions CDR DB and in 5.X or later we no longer use CDR DB.

For CDR File Time Interval. This parameter by default is 1 minute. If this value is set to 1, each file will contain 1 minute of CDR data (CDRs and CMRs, if enabled). The max CDR File Interval is 24 hrs, which means that it will be one CDR file for one day. However, with that config, depending on call processing traffic, you make end up with a very huge file. This large file size may cause performance issues with SFTP sending of the files to the billing servers.

BAsically it specifies the time interval for which a cdr file will be open for writing cdr data. Setting the value to 24 hrs means the same cdr file will be used for writing all cdr information for a period of 24 hrs. Whenever a cdr file is closed (according to "cdr file interval") and the file available to cdr repository manger, the same is send to the billing server using ftp/sftp as configured by the client.

That is why I mentioned that we dont have an option for send files every X or Y time, but with this parameter we are going to generate 1 file for X time

In CallCenter enviroments it can affect but you should give it a try.

Setting the CDR File Time to 30 minutes resolved this. Thanks. The vendor is saying there are a couple dozen FTP sessions opened on their server from the call manager but on my inhouse FTP server I am not seeing that problem, only one connection.

Hello, do you need to restart anything after making this change as i had similar problem of vendor complaining they were receiving a file every minute, changed to 60 from 1 but they say its still happening.

Thanks

it should not be necessary but you can restart the CDR insert and CDR repository manager

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Looks like changing the CDR file time Interval didnt take effect even after restarting the service, until I deleted my billing server details and put them back in again.