cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMS-DMM-Media Library files cannot be deleted...

Anantha.Areti
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using DMS-DMM-Digital Signage module. We are unable to delete the content (mpeg files) from DMM-Media Library. Is that a bug and any workaround to delete the content from the Library?

Thanks,

Anantha

5 Replies 5

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

If you are using the DMD and if you are utilizing the media in any DMD application or in a schedule you will not be able to delete the media until after you have deleted the application or schedule.

Check that first.

phil.monk
Level 1
Level 1

I've concluded and confirmed with tech support this: If you have files referenced in instances on your scheduler, those files cannot be deleted. I have old files that are somewhere on my scheduler over the last 400 days that I simply do not have time to find the calendar entry for. Regardless my scheduler is not working right now. I'm not happy about that at all.

That is a pure design flaw in the scheduler. I have the same issue. In the current 5.0 release the scheduler has been completely re-designed. Hopefully this will be taken care of. I have confirmed that 5.0 upgrades will not be available for another few weeks.

I share your frustration.In Version 5.0 there does not seem to be a quick way to find where a presentation is being used in the scheduler. However Cisco did make it possible in the media library to view an asset and to see which play list or presentation it is being used in. Sometimes from the creation date that may give you an idea of where in the scheduler it is so you can delete it.

In the Digital signage module select Schedules. Under Schedules select the reports function. Run a report on File and Application publication and you can see where all files are used. With this information you can go to specific places on the scheduler and delete any applications or files and then be able to delete the media files from the DMM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: