- Blue, 1500 points or more
Hello all -
I checked here on the forum as well as Cisco.com and was unable to find anything specific to moving MeetingPlace Express to a new server. I found the 1.2 maintenance guide which refers to taking a backup, but fails to discuss how to restore. It says it prompts you and the script is self-explanatory, but I am unconvinced without having better documentation - also before touching our production system. Here is my specific scenario:
- MPE 1.2 running on 7835 (doesn't have enough CPU to manage 26 web sessions with desktop sharing enabled. Server also expired from SmartNet without our knowledge, duh)
- Have new 7845 dual CPU server we are purchasing SmartNet/UCSS maintenance to for MPE (which will allow me to get version 2 license for upgrade)
- Need to backup existing MPE 1.2 system due to reoccuring scheduled meetings and user information
- Need to install MPE 1.2 on new server with trial license. Will move licenses over to new server MAC as well as 2.0 upgrade license
- Restore MPE 1.2 from backup and test
- On a different weekend, upgrade MPE to version 2.0.
Checking here to see if anyone has done a similar process and any caveats? I believe the mpxsystem database name needs to be the same to restore from backup. If this were Unity, I'd feel very comfortable with DiRT and moving Unity to another server. I would appreciate your expertise and advice if you have performed such a change before. Any additional caveats or published documentation I might have missed also appreciated!
Sorry I do not have any screen shots. I have been through this before sometime ago on a customer case. I just followed the documentation. Let me know if you have any questions.