cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a router to route map outbound traffic

qbakies11
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new office opening that is going to have two separate Internet connections. A single 1.54Mbps connection and a bonded 3Mbps connection. The Internet connections have ISP managed routers provided to us.

I need to be able to route traffic down a specific pipe depending on the NAT assigned by the ASA on the way out. I have a similar setup at a different office but the two Interent connections terminate directly on that router into a 2MFT-VWIC card installed. The ISP is stating that since we ordered the service with managed routers we have to use them or they can't guarantee service.

Essentially I need a router with three FE ports so I can do the routing but I'm not sure what to get or if there is another simpler way. I'm relly under the gun here as I need to have this running by the end of the week. If there is equipment I need to buy I need to know what it is. Go under the assumption that I don't have anything. Attached is a sketch of what I'm talking about to make it easier to visualize. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Assuming the ASA is unable to support this requirement, any router or L3 switch that supports your needed three routed FE ports, PBR, and your 4.5 Mbps bandwidth should do the job. Possible candidates include the 1841 or 2801 with a HWIC-1FE, or Catalyst 3560-8PC.

I've tried a similar setup. ASA can only have one default route. But if you have multiple public IP's that you are NATing then PBR will work fine on just about any router or l3 switch.

"Possible candidates include the 1841 or 2801 with a HWIC-1FE, or Catalyst 3560-8PC."

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card