site-to-site vpn speed

Unanswered Question
Jun 2nd, 2008

Hi, again I beg for your patience as i am fairly new to Cisco and have limited experience.

Anyway, i have a VPN set up between a facility in US and one in europe. I am using an ASA5510 and on the other end there is a 3000 COncentrator.

US side is connected with a 1.5 DSL line and the european side has a faster connection but at this point I am not sure how fast.

anyway, when i access a shared folder on their network and try to copy a 10MB file it takes about 20 minutes, which seems a bit too slow.

While in progress, i was looking at the ASA GUI stats windows and saw that the inside and outside speeds were not going over 400Kb. The problem is that I know a lot of times I have bursts that go over 1.3Mb easily as well as sustained speeds of 800+ Kb.

The question is, why doesn't the transfer happen faster if there is available bandwidth? Is there something that is slowing the speed down. Setting or something?

Also is there any tool, possibly free, that can be used to test the throughput of the site-to-site tunnel?

Many thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion