We are currently replacing an Avaya system that allows the following:
Users have a single line call center. They make calls from them as well as receive call center calls from them
Here is the current script (only the pieces that a pertinent to this discussion are here)
1) call comes into CSQ. The script checks to ensure people are signed into the system to be able to take the call (cisco equiv of being logged in)
2) if it finds someone in a ready state, it sends the call to them
3) if no one is ready, the script then checks to see if people are on the phone talking
4) If users are on the phone (talking state), and no one is ready, the call queues
5) if users are not on the phone (talking state), and no one is ready, it immediately gets sent to a backup hunt or operator (so customers aren't sitting in a queue that will never get answered)
Here is a scenario that can exist. I am simplifying this down to having only one user in the CSQ
1) User is logged in and makes a call out on their line
2) call comes into csq
3) script looks and sees they are logged in and on the phone, so queues the call
If a call comes into the csq and that person answers it, we see the status is reserved while ringing, then talking while on the phone.
if a call is made out of the call center line, it shows up as not ready. (shows up on CAD, Supervisor app, and also within Get Reporting Statistic as Not Ready)
On the supervisor application, it says not ready with the reason code of "off hook"
Is there any way to accomplish this? It would be really nice to roll out what they have today. Otherwise, we're going to take a lot of grief :(