ISCW study materials

Unanswered Question
Jun 2nd, 2008

I just passed my BCMSN today and I'll be starting on my ISCW soon. Can people let me know what study materials worked well for them?

I have the Cisco Press Exam Prep book and will plan on getting the Lab Companion book as well. Usually the Cisco Press material gets me by, but I've read complaints that these materials aren't quite enough for this test.

Thanks for any feedback!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
scottmac Mon, 06/02/2008 - 15:23

The Cisco Press ISCW book is "a little light" for the exam. It's kinda like using a third-grader's arithmetic book to study for college-level Calculus.

It does not cover the full range of topics, and what it does cover, is without sufficient depth.

Because I blew so much time studying with that book, and subsequently failing miserably at the exam attempt, I fell back to BCMSN for a quick study (~24 hours) and re-certified with that test instead.

The availability of comprehensive ISCW study material is "pretty sparse to non-existent."

There are several threads on this topic and "ISCW study material sucks"-variety ... search around, you'll enjoy the read.

People are passing ISCW, so there must be something, but I believe you'll find it'll be several things from several sources rather than one or two books.

Good Luck

Scott

jrensink78 Tue, 06/03/2008 - 06:15

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping I could find a few core study materials that could be augmented with some auxiliary sources. Maybe that won't be the case for this one.

I'll search around the forums for ISCW and see what I can find from the other threads. Thanks for the tip. Not sure why I didn't do that in the first place.

ccnp_seeker Tue, 06/03/2008 - 13:15

Hi,

I passed today de BSCI, so I have now completed the BCMSN and BSCI.

I'm moving on to the ISCW, is there somebody who passed this exam and can recommend the ebst study sources? Actually in CiscoPress there are not too many options.

regards...

Actions

This Discussion