cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Cisco Attendant Consoles (Dept and Biz)

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am reading through the Cisco data sheets on the new cisco attendant consoles.

And one thing i found confusing is that it says the dept supports up to 150 phones and the biz supports up to 500 phones.

But i'm curious about what would happen if I have a cluster with 1000 users, what would happen to the attendant consoles.

I understand the ARC attendant console supports that, however I have only 15 operators and that solutions seems an overkill for us.

Is there any other ways?

Thanks,

Eugene

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eugene,

Hope all is well :)

For Enterprise customers over 500 users there is Cisco Unified CallManager Attendant Console 1.4 which can scale to support 1,000's of users;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6789/ps7046/ps7282/ps555/product_data_sheet0900aecd80185215.html

Cisco offers four different attendant consoles for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, depending on the size of your business and the type of features and functionality required to support your IP telephony needs. The four attendant consoles are:

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console

Cisco Unified Business Attendant Console

Cisco Unified Department Attendant Console

Arc Enterprise Attendant Console SolutionsPlus Offering

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps7282/index.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob, busy researching the new CUCM6! :)

Actually, we were not looking at the Cisco AC 1.4, because it did not meet our requirements as it does not have the advance features such as call queuings, reporting, etc. Which is why we were looking at the Dept and Biz ACs.

The ARC would be an overkill for us as we only need about a small number of operators.

So would you know what would happen if I use the Biz Attendant Console in a cluster with 1000 users, what would happen? Would it not work?

Thanks,

Eugene

Hi Eugene,

Good stuff, CCM 6.x is a very nice product full of great features! The Business Console is not going to work properly for 1,000 users as it won't monitor the Line status etc. Just one thing to note about standard AC, AC (Attendant Console) Hunt with queuing is supported;

Understanding Call Queuing

You can configure a pilot point to support call queuing, so when a call comes to pilot point and all hunt groups members are busy, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console sends calls to a queue. The caller receives music on hold while in the queue. The attendants cannot view the queued calls. When a hunt group member becomes available, Cisco TCD redirects the call to that hunt group member.

You enable queuing for a pilot point by choosing the pilot point in the Attendant Console Configuration Tool and checking the Enable Queuing check box. You must also enter a value in the Queue Size field and the Hold Time (in Seconds) field. The queue size specifies the number of calls that are allowed in the queue. If the queue is full, Cisco TCD routes calls to the "always route" hunt group member that is specified on the Hunt Group Configuration window. If you do not specify an always route member, Cisco TCD drops the call when the queue size limit is reached. The hold time specifies the maximum time (in seconds) that Cisco TCD keeps a call in the queue. If the call is in the queue for longer than the "HoldTime," the call gets redirected to "AlwaysRoute" member. If the "AlwaysRoute" member is not configured, no action occurs.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e637.html#wp1224095

When a call comes into a pilot point, Cisco TCD uses the hunt group list and the selected call routing method for that pilot point to determine the call destination. During hunt group configuration, you must specify one of the following options for each hunt group member:

Directory number (device member)

If a directory number is specified, Cisco TCD only checks whether the line is available (not busy) before routing the call.

**Attendant console user plus a line number (user member)

If a user and line number are specified, Cisco TCD confirms the following details before routing the call:

**That the user is logged in to the attendant console

**That the user is online

**That the line is available

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e637.html#wp1144562

Hope this helps!

Rob

Guys - unfortunately the CUBAC (Business Attendant Console) will not scale to the directory requirements you are looking for. Also, this version of the AC would not scale to 15 concurrent users.

However, you should be aware that I believe the shelf life on the Cisco AC (the free/bundled one) is limited - for example, there is no feature development being done on it anymore

Based on the requirements you have, you may find it worthwhile talking to Arc directly - I would like to think that there is a solution we could offer! Feel free to drop me a line directly - I'm now based in RTP (North Carolina), or our team in Sydney may be easier?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: