Sushil Kumar Katre Tue, 06/03/2008 - 03:22
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

you can't really say which one is the best.

These are the connector types available.

You need to first figure out if your switch supports GBIC or SFP. GBCI means LC connector and SFP means SC.

Then select the appropriate fiber module based on the distance - 1000base-SX, LX/LH or ZX.

MTRJ is for 100base-FX connections.

-> Sushil

PAUL TRIVINO Tue, 06/03/2008 - 07:42
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Sushil, I think that's backwards - SFPs do LC and GBICs do SC, yes?

Also FWIW (to the original poster) I've never seen an MTRJ device with removable connectors, they're built in.



This Discussion