Unity 5.0 - Enable local user mailboxes

Answered Question
Jun 3rd, 2008

Hi,

When installing Unity (5.0 Build 5.0(1)), I rather stupidly selected not to allow local users have voice mailboxes. I.e., I can only create a mailbox for a user that exists in Exchange.

I now have a need to create mailboxes for non-Exchange users - we've got a few 'generic' phones which just need VM, but no email. I'd like to create them local accounts in Unity (on the Unity server), not Exchange as that seems a waste.

How can I do this? Is it possible to turn the option on somehow? I've dug around and not turned up anything.

Thanks in advance.

Correct Answer by Michael Owuor about 8 years 8 months ago

Hi David,

Just run the Message Store Configuration Wizard again. Go to Add Remove Programs, find the Message Store Configuration Wizard, then click the Change/Remove Button.

The wizard should start, and as it walks you through it, you should have the option to choose to add/import users.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Michael Owuor Tue, 06/03/2008 - 04:44

Hi David,

Just run the Message Store Configuration Wizard again. Go to Add Remove Programs, find the Message Store Configuration Wizard, then click the Change/Remove Button.

The wizard should start, and as it walks you through it, you should have the option to choose to add/import users.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Michael.

Actions

This Discussion