Level 1

Apparently I have a VMserver that is sitting on the server, on port

!

interface GigabitEthernet5/9

description VDSQL1

switchport access vlan 66

switchport mode access

duplex full

My question is how can I resolve this error or find a workaround for this error. I think that this error uses up an un necessary amount of CPU cycles and makes the sup modules failover during certain times. So can someone help me.

1 Reply 1

Yogesh Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Copy Paste from TACCC

Check the switch configuration file in order to find the source of these packets on the specified port and take corrective action in order to fix them at the source end. For example, it can be due to a faulty NIC or connected hub. You can also setup a SPAN session to identify the source.

Alternatively, you can also issue the switchport port-security limit rate invalid-source-mac command in order to enable port security on that interface in order to shutdown the port if the incoming rate of packets with invalid source mac address is too high.

Refer to these TAC Case Collection Cases for more information:

* K03222220

* K52237802

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/lanswitching/showcase?case=K85363289

If you open up a case with TAC you will get a same answer .

So please check the NIC cards on this VMserver . If possible replace it and then check if you face a similar issue .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco