Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AD Changes - Need to Know Impact

A customer is planning some changes in AD and I wanted to know if there will be any impact to Unity.

Environment is Unity 5.x/Win2k3, Exchange 2007.

1) User/Subscriber accounts will be moved from certain OUs to new OUs and sub OUs.

2) Rename user email accounts from <user>@xxx.yyy.com to <user>@yyy.com. The default SMTP template will also be changed to @yyy.com

3) Move all "service" accounts to new OUs. This would include UnityInstall,UnityAdmin,UnityDirSvcs, etc..

Accounts are imported only from Exchange to Unity and it's set to the root of the domain - so all new AD accounts, regardless of OU/Sub OU, should be seen as eligible for import.

My concerns are if Permissions Wizard and/or Mailstore Wizards need to be re-run.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Others may weigh in here as well.

Moving subscribers to a new OU should not be a problem. Deleting old OUs may be a problem if Unity is using them for some reason.

Renaming email accounts would not be a problem. Their Alias is still the same correct? They are still in the same Exchange Org and server correct?

Moving unity service accounts is not a problem. Place no group polices on the OU where the service accounts are to restrict them.

After the move, I would re-run permissions wizards and also the mailstore utility just to be safe after thing is good. Make the OU changes, move accounts, etc. Test Unity. If you see abnormalities, I would then re-run permissions and mailstore.

Cheers!

Makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

Brian