cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pix 506 - Recovering Password

king06aaa
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Pix 506 that I don't seem to have the correct "Enable" password for. Is there any way to figure out what the password is or reset it to a default?

This Pix is not located on-site. I have no physical access to it so I can't console in. I can SSH into it, but I don't know the Enable password so I can't do anything with it. What I do have is PDM access to it. Remember, this is the "enable" password that I need.

4 Replies 4

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think there is an option in PDM to execute commands on the command line, have you tried that?

Excellent idea!

I think that may work.

Thanks!

I think I may have screwed myself up. I was able to use the command line in PDM and I wanted to change all the passwords. To do that, I had to remove the username (no username). When I did that it closed me out. Now I can't get into the Pix using PDM, SSH or anything.

What can I do to get in?

I think I essentially removed the user(not knowing it was going to sign me out), so now I have no users in the Pix.

If you have not saved the configuration you could ask somebody at the remote site to recycle the power?

Or else you need console access:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/34.shtml#pix_without

Regards

Farrukh

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card