cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Please help configuring WLC4402

arunas.usonis
Level 1
Level 1

I have AP's on WLC4402 registered but clients cannot receive IP from DHCP on another subnet. (showing 0.0.0.0). Am not using WLC DHCP, have it configured under ap-manager interface and management interface.

Could you please point me on where I'm failing ? For wifi am using separate vlan, L3 Transport mode, 1242AP

Have found that DHCP server not reachable from WLC, will add another route.

4 Replies 4

arunas.usonis
Level 1
Level 1

DHCP is reachable; created AP group and added all AP's.

In trap logs have found - "Decrypt errors occurred for client 00:1c:26:60:24:7e using WPA key on 802.11b/g"

Check your authentication you setup on the ssid. Post your run-config so we can look at how you setup your WLC.

The ssid you created, is it mapped to the mangement interface? If you created an interface for the ssid, make sure you have the dhcp address configured there. Also make sure you allow that vlan on the trunk port the wlc is connected to. Last but not least, make sure you have an ip helper on the L3 svi.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

pradeepk_123
Level 1
Level 1

DHCP Server Should be reachable.

You need to associate the VLAN Name on the SSID. It is there in the WLC window where we create SSID's

You can associate each ID to an SSID. If you are using External DHCP Server., Pl specify the DHCP IP in the VLAN interface so that the requests are forwarded to DHCP Server.

You can also try by providing static ip and ping it to the gateway and check.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card