Views
Helpful
Replies

Call forward with possibility of routing back to original called party's VM

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need to configure system to allow call to extention 7111 forwarded to 7222 in case 7111 doesn't answer. And if 7222 also doesn't answer the call should get forwarded to VM of 7111 i.e. original called party.

Any help is highly appreciated.

thanks,

inner_silence

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Inner Silence,

You can fix this for CUE;

Mailbox selection

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express

Release Notes for Cisco Unity Express 2.3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/prod_release_note09186a0080679b50.html

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option. You would need to change this to OCN and you would be good to go :)

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express 2.3 GUI Administrator Guide

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/unityexp/rel2_3/cue_cli/ch3sys.htm#wp1075610

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would probably do this in Unity instead.

Setup like this:

If outside caller hits 7111, rings 4 times and goes to Unity.

Unity picksup the call forward no answer from 7111 and plays 7111 greeting

Greeting can say: "Hi, you have reached Joe, Im not available, but if you like immediate assistance, press 4 now or leave message"

4 will be a supervised transfer. If 7222 does not pickup the call, Unity is "supervising" the call and will "pull it back" to the greeting of 7111 if no one answers.

Also, is it possible that 7111 and 7222 share the same Unity mailbox? You can have 7111 as the primary extension and 7222 as the alternate number in the same profile. In CUCM, ring no answer goes to 7222, rings no answers and goes to the same voicemail box.

questions? hope this helps!

Hi Inner Silence,

I like Tommers idea here (+5 points for your innovative thinking Tommer :)

Just thought that I would add that your original thought will work by default on most VM Systems (Unity included). Because Unity (up until Unity 5.0) looks at the "Originally Dialed number" when looking for the mailbox, you can have this setup.

7111 Forward No Answer to 7222

7222 Forward No Answer to xxxx (Unity Pilot#)

When the call flows through 7111 to 7222 and then to Unity on "No Answer's" Unity will revert to 7111's mailbox :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

My understanding was also same but its not working that way. The call gets forwarded to VM of 7222.

thanks,

inner_silence

Hi,

Thanks for the innovative idea but that's not the solution I am looking at. I want to it transparent to calling party.

Secondly, sharing VM box also is not desirable.

Need some more thoughts I believe

Thanks,

inner_silence

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Are you using CCM server or CME? Which version?

What are you using as your VoiceMail system Unity server, Unity Connection, or CUE? Also include the version.

Hi,

I am using CCM 5.1 with unity express 2.3.

Thanks,

inner_silence

Hi Inner Silence,

You can fix this for CUE;

Mailbox selection

This configurable option specifies the mailbox to be used in case of call forward.

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express

Release Notes for Cisco Unity Express 2.3

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/prod_release_note09186a0080679b50.html

Mailbox selection: Mailbox in which an incoming voice message is stored. The options are original called number (OCN) or the last redirected number (LRD). LRD is the default option. You would need to change this to OCN and you would be good to go :)

From this doc;

Cisco Unity Express 2.3 GUI Administrator Guide

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/unityexp/rel2_3/cue_cli/ch3sys.htm#wp1075610

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi,

I am going to have a look at Rob's doc. Meanwhile i got hold of another setup having CCM 5.1 with Unity 4.2 and the default behaviour is working correctly there. Call goes to VM of 7111.

But yes for Unity connection it seems OCN needs to be set.

I'll test and update.

Thanks,

inner_silence

Rob deserves a fiver for this...

Hi Inner Silence,

Here is a "high fiver" to you too my friend!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: