Helpful
Replies

first letter missing in incoming caller name display

michaelzhq
Level 2
Level 2

CCM version: 6.1.1.2000-3

Gateway: 2800 12.4(17) EnterpriseService

The caller name display on IP phone for all incoming calls from outside is missing the first letter, whatever the length of name. Debugging q931 in gateway, the names sent in from PRI are correct.

There is no problem with internal calls.

Thank you for any helps.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Qiang,

Here's a suggested solution for you to put to the test.

1. Change the switch-type in the IOS gateway to Primary-dms100

2. Change the switch-type in gateway's configuration in the CallManager configuration to primary-dms100

3. Ensure that the option 'Send Extra Leading Character in Display IE' is checked in the gateway's configuration in CallManager.

4. Test inbound calls for correct caller name

Regards,

Michael.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

Could you please upload the CCM detailed trace with matching debug isdn q931?

Qiang,

Here's a suggested solution for you to put to the test.

1. Change the switch-type in the IOS gateway to Primary-dms100

2. Change the switch-type in gateway's configuration in the CallManager configuration to primary-dms100

3. Ensure that the option 'Send Extra Leading Character in Display IE' is checked in the gateway's configuration in CallManager.

4. Test inbound calls for correct caller name

Regards,

Michael.

I am having this issue with a h.323 gateway and cannot change the switch type. I am currently set to primary-ni, is there another solution?

I also have a h.323 gateway and my previous setting is primary-ni. I tried to change it to "primary-dms100" then it just works fine(I am still testing, but no problem till now). Besides this problem is resolved, now the internal caller ID can be display on cell phone as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: