cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital Media Player (DMP) Status

ahfreeman
Level 1
Level 1

In the DMM I am viewing the list of DMPs in the "DMP Manager". I can see the one I have on the network (it's using DHCP) but it has a status of unreachable. I have no problem accessing by it's IP address that is shown on the list or it's splash screen or changing the settings. I was even able to restart the DMP.

Why does it show unreachable and I can't send content to it, yet I can access the settings and restart it?

I have read all the troubleshooting documentation that I could find on the site.

Equipment and software:

Media Player: DMP-4305G 2.43.1

Digital Media Manager 4.1

Thanks and let me know if you need any other information.

~ Alexander Freeman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

arlon
Level 1
Level 1

The username and password has to be the same in the DMM and in the DMP web account. If you schedule a status query, you can see which username and password you are trying to access.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

ebell
Level 1
Level 1

In the inital configuration of the dmp you have to set the DMM ip address. Once you have set the DMM information you should now see that the device is active is the DSM.

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I set the IP address of the DMM in the DMP settings.

But it still shows the "red x" for status although I can access the DMP, change settings on it and restart it.

I also checked ports 6666 and 7777 and our network has them open.

~ Alexander Freeman

IP address is set, have you also put in the mac-address?

I would have to agree with Charles' comments about not using dhcp.

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried pinging the route in both directions? If you can ping the route in both directions then the DMP should shake hands with the DMM.

Sometimes DHCP setups can be problematic. Make sure that the actual IP address of the DMP is actually what it is in the DMM. As the IP address of the DMP shifts when you turn up the router in a DHCP setup the setting of the IP address of the DMP as it is listed in the DMM setup needs to be modified. I have forgotten to do this in the past and experienced the same problem you are mentioning. Check this. I recommend not using DHCP unless it is absolutely necessary for this very reason. You will be constantly fighting DMPs not shaking hands with the DMM because their IP address has changed and it does not automatically update in the DMM.

arlon
Level 1
Level 1

The username and password has to be the same in the DMM and in the DMP web account. If you schedule a status query, you can see which username and password you are trying to access.

This was the problem. I assumed that since I could access the DMP via IP address and restart it, etc. that I should be able to push content to it via the DMM.

After I changed the password on the DMP to match the password on the DMM, it came up as reachable and I am able to push content to it.

Thanks to everyone who posted a suggestion!

Charles Little
Level 1
Level 1

Try using the reset button on the back of the DMP to reset the DMP back to the factory settings.

I bet you are using the Digital Media Designer and the interal FTP function to push content to the DMP. I have had issues with this application locking up a DMP. What I think happens in the FTP function is that some times there is a glitch in the transfer and thatglitch will completely lock up a DMP.

Of course thats only my opinion and I don't have data to back it up. I am not a fan of the DMD having experienced this to often. I have not seen this in any of Cisco's trouble shooting guides. The only solution I have found is to completely reset the DMP and start over with it.

I do not use the Media content manager, the DMD or the DMM's internal FTP function preferring to code my content with HTML and utilize the "gotourl" function exclusively.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: