cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing single SSL certificate on primary/secondary ACS boxes

c.fuller
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to install the same SSL certificate I have installed on my primary ACS on my secondary ACS. I have replication configured and working between the two. The primary is the ACS appliance. The secondary is windows v3.3. The problem is the secondary ACS does not know about the private key file created during the CSR so I get an error when I try to install the certificate. So, what do I have to do to get around this? Obviously the certificate information is not copied over during replication. Is there a way to import it over manually?

Can I install the same certificate or do I need to do a separate CSR and install a separate certificate?

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Yes you can use same cert for both the acs. On appliance download the cert and pvk file on your FTP root.

Move both files to acs windows and upload the certs and pvk file. Retype the private key (you need to remember it )

On windows acs--->install new cert---->use Read certificate from file--->put the location of cert like D:\Jar.cer

Give the location of Private key file---->D:\prv.pvk-----> Type the pvt key --->submit.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

stephenwa
Level 1
Level 1

Certs are not replicated between ACS's. You would need to download the the cert generated by one ACS to the other.

mohanantassp
Level 1
Level 1

dear team, i have the same problme now.. i have 2 units of servers running ACS 5.0, and i have installed a new cert at the primary server and i export the cert and trying to import to the secondary i have the following error. can someone assist me on this matter. its very urgent ..

" The System Failure Occurred: Invalid Private Key. Your Changes have not been saved . Click OK to return to the list page".

I assume you are exporting the cert and the private key and setting the password for the private key? If so, then you may have to break apart your deployment and install the cert on the secondary box and then rejoin.

thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: