Views
Helpful
Replies

3rd party IP voice Mail integration with call manager 5

t-alkhalidi
Level 1
Level 1

hi experts,

we are integrating 3rd party (NEVOTEK) direct IP based Voice Mail with call manager 5. do we need to start Cisco Messaging Interface ?? i tried to start it but it stopped automatically after sometime.the CTI ports which is used for the voice mail is becoming also unregistred for unknown reason. i only activated and started this service only on the publisher as per serviceability docs. attached logs if you want to have look. appreciate your help

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tariq,

This interface is only used in CCM to Legacy VM integrations (via SMDI) if you are not setup that way (which I don't think you are using the "older SMDI integration) this is why you are seeing this behaviour :)

Cisco Messaging Interface Service

The Cisco Messaging Interface allows you to connect a simplified message desk interface (SMDI)-compliant external **Third Party** voice-mail system with the Cisco CallManager. The CMI service provides the communication between the voice-mail system and Cisco CallManager. The SMDI defines a way for a phone system to provide a voice-mail system with the information needed to intelligently process incoming calls.

Genrally the Cisco Messaging Interface (CMI) is a Cisco CallManager service that should be run only on the publisher server. This service intercepts calls destined for voicemail and generates appropriate SMDI messages, which are then delivered to one of the server's Component Object Model (COM) ports.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008037e2f3.html#wp1024396

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks man so i dont need it for IP based voice mail system. you know the voice mail guy claimed that he hasing his CTI ports which is used for voicemail becoming unregistred becuase this service stop. so i will go and show him the link and tell him please fix your voice mail. we have around 100 CTI ports and first 50 which is used for voice mail is becoming unregistred after sometime, while the rest 50 CTI ports which used for another purpose remail registred.

Rob, his voice mail using G.711Mu which also all phones use, but how ever do u think that unregistration issue related to transcoding resources?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: