Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP on CRS 5.0

Hi All,

I am not quite sure what functionality does LDAP have in the CRS 5.0 Server. Can anyone please shed some light on this? thanks in advance!!!

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please be more specific.

UCCX gets LDAP information from CallManager, so depending on how CM is configured for LDAP native vs. AD, that's what UCCX will use.

HTH,

Chris

Sorry about that Chris. It may sound silly, but I have no idea what LDAP is and what it does.

Recently one of our employee asked if there was any LDAP directory on the CRS servers that stored all the phone numbers of the callers. I don't have the faintest of clues as to what was being asked. It would be great if I can get some answers on this.

LDAP - Lightweight Directory Access Protocol

just google for it to get a ton of info. Basically it's a standard protocol for user repository, the most widely used LDAP is Microsoft Active Directory. CallManager support native LDAP which means that all users are stored locally in CM Database, another popular integration is to a company LDAP such as AD, the advantage of this is centrelized administration of users, so if a new employee is hired, you normally create him/her in AD as you usually would and then that user is syncronized with CM and appears there. In order to make a sure a contact cetner user, you simply select IPCC Extension in CM under user configuraiton and the user appears in UCCX (CRS), there you only need to assign the user to skill group/team.

So, really the LDAP integration takes place on CallManager rather than CRS.

HTH, please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

thanks very much for the info. this is exactly the kind of answer that I was looking for.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: