cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX 5.0 HA

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who already has a UCCX 5.0 in production, but wants to add a second UCCX 5.0 server as HA. Can anyone please point me to the right direction in terms of installing/configuring UCCX HA documentations?? Or is there any gotcha that I should be aware of??

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Hunt

6 Replies 6

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

You will need to upgrade to SQL first (from MSDE) and then install the second HA server. This should all be done after hours. Not really any gotchas.

adignan - CDW

*Please rate helpful posts.

Hi adignan,

Thanks for your prompt response ;)

In terms of IP addressing, do i just need to give the 2nd HA server another IP?? Any virtual IP required??

Any formal CCO documentation regarding this??

Cheers,

Hunt

Hunt,

You can assign just a physical ip (unique) to the HA server. There is no clustering using windows involved here. The clustering is taken care of by IPCC itself. So no virtual ip configuration required. We recently did an install of a HA server to an IPCC 4.x standalone server and we did have some issues. The services on the primary box went down after the secondary servers install was complete. The primary IPCC server and secondary IPCC server had to be rebooted after the install to fix the issue.

I Would suggest doing this install after hours if at all possible to avoid any similar issues

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Thisisshanky,

If the customer wants to have the 2nd UCCX server as cold standby on a different geographic location, does it mean that I will need to install the 2nd new server as 'first node' as well?? And would this mean i need 2 x UCCX licnese rather than 1 x UCCX + 1 x HA license??

And if disaster did happen and i need to restore the UCCX service on the 2nd new server, how and when can i change the IP address back to the site IP???

Cheers,

Hunt

If your UCCX servers are in different locations it shouldn't matter as long as they have IP connectivity and appropriate infrastructure (i.e. bandwidth) to handle the communicaiton and failure if one were to happen.

Hi rraver,

How much bandwidth is required for UCCX server and HA server to sync??

Cheers,

Hunt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: