Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VLANs

Hopefully, this will be an easy one for you guys n girls...

I've got a stack of 3x3750 switches working as one.

Also, i've got a 2960 switch at another site, connected by a LES circuit.

I've got several VLANs already setup on the main switch stack that are also visible on the 2960.

Now, i've just created another VLAN on the 3750 switch, given it an IP address and done a no shut, but it just doesn't appear on the smaller 2960 switch, yet the other VLANs are there.

What am i missing.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Is the LES circuit configured as a normal trunk? It looks like you don't have VTP working correctly across it. Could you post a show vtp status and a show vlan from the switches on either side of this trunk?

Also, could you please confirm that you did actially create the VLAN on the 3750 by doing a show vlan. (Just in case you did only the layer-3 interface and not the layer-2 VLAN.)

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

Hi Kevin,

thank you for your advise...and when I do a sh vlan, the VLAN isn't even there, just as you mentioned!

Where did I go wrong? I am a novice so I've definitley missed something.

Can you help please?

Thank you..

Hi

u need to do the below

conf t

vlan (vlan id) vlanname

Thanks

Mahmood

Well, I though I had it...I've deleted it all in an attempt to add a more meaningful name to the VLAN, but I can't seem to do it.

I'm doing-

conf t

vlan

But i get some errors when doing this.

Can you help at all?

thank you..

Kevin,

Got it! (I hope!!)

From your post, I went back and did a vlan30, sure it appeared straight away in the sh vlan.

I then did an int vlan30 and added a description and IP address.

It appeared on the remote 2960G switch and I can ping it from the LAN on the 3750 side and from the remote 2960G switch.

Thanks for your help.

Much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card