Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX Backup - Preserve Latest Failed

lignatio69
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am using a UCCX Version 5.0(2)_Build064 and would like to preserve only the 5 latest backup files. The backup is not done locally but through a Windows Share (\\IP@\SharedFolder). The thing is that the shared folder contains all the backups (that takes some much space) and nothing is deleted. I have no idea why the "Preserve Latest" option is not taken into account ; it is configured to "5". After looking at the log file (C:\Program Files\wfavvid\log), I noticed some Exceptions at the end of the backp process, I attached the (truncated) file to this post. Any idea ? For information, I double ckecked the Windows Rights and my user is allowed to create/modify/delete files and directory.

Thanks for you help,

Best regards,

Laurent IGNATIO

6 Replies 6

lignatio69
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry, I forgot the attachment...

Please find it within this post.

"Interesting Exceptions" are display below the line called "End of backup" (at the end of the document).

Thanks for your help,

Laurent

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. You don't have your answer yet?

Thanks,

Jeroen

Hi, I think I already found the problem. It's bug CSCsl07961

Symptom:

While scheduling Backup and restore for more than one day.

Conditions:

Tried scheduling backup and set to preserve latest two tar files.

Workaround:

Further Problem Description:

Tried scheduling backup and set to preserve latest two tar files.The backup files are added to the network drive everyday.All tar files are present.The old backup files are not getting deleted

1st Found-In

5.0(1)SR2

5.0(2)

Fixed-In

5.0(2)

5.0(2.1)

5.0(2.20)

5.0(2.11)

Hi,

I saw this bug but what seems weird is that it is supposed to be resolved in version 5.0(2).

Has it been resolved in your case ?

Laurent

Hi,

No it's not resolved. I can't download an update either...

Regards,

Jeroen

Hi, after installing SR1 build 053 it's resolved.