cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

move WCS (v5.0.56.2) from server to another

FRANK SCHADE
Level 1
Level 1

I only found a conversation from 2005 which didn't end with a solution - maybe there is one in the meantime???

I made a backup of the old server, put this on the new one, reinitialized the database on the new, made a "successful" restore of the DB - BUT start WCS failed with these messages:

Starting WCS

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libblas.so.3' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

Cannot run with the current schema. Exiting.

Apache server is already stopped.

Failed to start WCS server.

Is there a way to to this?

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might have to reinstall WCS.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

the same error after a reinstall:

ERROR: ld.so: object 'libblas.so.3' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.

After uninstaling and reinstalling does WCS services start. This is without doing a restore. If without doing a restore you have this error, then it might be due to the server requirements or the instll files. If this happens after you do a restore of the DB, then you have a bad restore file.

-Scott

FRANK SCHADE
Level 1
Level 1

after deinstallation and reinstallation WCS was runnnig;

I also used new backup file.

The restore was "successful" again - but this time I only get;

Starting WCS: [FAILED]

Do I have to provide the license before the restore?

You might want to install the license first and verify that gets added.

-Scott

I just tried this - now I have the error message which I found at the begining.

After reintializing the DB I could start WCS again. So probably it's a matter of the backupfile.

I created this just with "./dbadmin.sh backup backupfile". Do I have to use a certain option or command???

That it right..... again, it might be a bad backup file.

-Scott

Is there a way to check the backup file.

I don't know unless you actually try to restore the backup file on another WCS server. I would open a TAC case and see what they have to say.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: