cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

migrating callmgr 3.3 data to callmgr 6.1

rvincent
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer getting upgrading a 4.1 cluster to new 6.1 cluster, with new servers.

Part of project is to remove an existing 3.3 cluster and migrate devices into the new 6.1 cluster.

The data migration tool can not be used so I'm looking at running route plan report and converting it to a BAT file which can then be imported into the 6.1 callmgr.

Has anyone done this and what would you recommend as best way to do it.

Site has a few hundred phones.

thanks

Rob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

Have you thought of using the BAT Export? (all device details)

This may take some testing to find the exact method to use. I would try this on only one or two test phones for starters. Try an Export of these test phones into a .csv file then you will have to cut/paste these details to match the new BAT format in CCM 6.x. This seems like a reasonable work-around.

Take the .csv file you got from the Export and change the DN's as required. Then use this new import file and then do a Phones/Users Import.

Bulk Administration Tool User Guide, Release 5.1(4)

Working with the Export Utility

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803f4f29.html#wp1066964

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Rob,

Have you thought of using the BAT Export? (all device details)

This may take some testing to find the exact method to use. I would try this on only one or two test phones for starters. Try an Export of these test phones into a .csv file then you will have to cut/paste these details to match the new BAT format in CCM 6.x. This seems like a reasonable work-around.

Take the .csv file you got from the Export and change the DN's as required. Then use this new import file and then do a Phones/Users Import.

Bulk Administration Tool User Guide, Release 5.1(4)

Working with the Export Utility

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00803f4f29.html#wp1066964

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob

Sounds good.

I'll give it a try

thanks

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: