cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Web Auth Bundle

ajanib
Level 1
Level 1

I have a guest access network supported by WLC and managed by WCS and use the default web login paged.

I would like to upload a customized page using the web auth bundle option. I do not want to use an external server.

I can generate an acceptable HTML page, but can anyone point me to detailed instructions on how to create the customised page and what variables need to be configured.

9 Replies 9

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That is kind of tough.... you have to download the current html and then edit that to your liking. You can download the .tar file from WCS and use that if you like. What you have to do is make sure you tar the file correctly. Either use Linux box to tar the file or use 7-zip for windows. If using 7-zip, right click on the login.tar file and click on 7-ZIP and then open archive. Then add your images and delete the old cisco image. Then you would delete the login.html and then copy and past your login.html. This will keep the tar file in good shape. If you extract the file and then try to tar it, it will fail the upload.

Also in the html, watch out for the hidden code. You need that in order for it to work.

Good Luck and hope this helps!

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for the prompt response. Do you have anymore info on the hidden html codes. I need to book some down time and just want to cover every aspect prior to attending to this.

Take a look at this link. It includes the default code, just cut and paste it and do a find on hidden. You will see the hidden code.

Hope this helps.

-Scott

Can you tell me how to upload the webauth bundle from the controller. There is no webauth filtype in the Upload screen and I cannot see a way to browse the directories from command line to find the filename.

Do you know if I should be using the javascript referred on the web login page. The sample script does not refer to javascript, but I notice that the default web log in page refers to loginscript.js

On my edited page i hit the submit button and it does nothing.

Do you know if I should be using the javascript referred on the web login page. The sample script does not refer to javascript, but I notice that the default web log in page refers to loginscript.js

On my edited page i hit the submit button and it does nothing.

You really need to keep the html file consistent. If you look at the code, there is a script section which needs to stay and also the hidden stuff. There is links to the input buttons which has to stay... you just have to hide it or move it around in the page.

-Scott

Jogh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I would like to seek questions on how to create customized webpage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card