cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6506 upgrade issues

edwin.thompson
Level 1
Level 1

I've just upgraded my 6506 Supervisor engine (WS-SUP32-GE-3B) to s3223-ipservicesk9_wan-vz.122-18.sxf12.bin. After the initial start I try to do a wr or copy run start and I get a message that the system can not find the start-up config. Has anyone run into this? And how do I get this system back to normal?

6 Replies 6

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please post the show version output.

__

Edison.

Thanks for your help. I got it working , I erased NVRAM and restarted the switch and it recreated the file.

Ryan Carretta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where are you saving your startup config? This can happen if you, for example, tell the switch to boot from a config file on a flash disk and then the disk is removed.

Try using 'default boot config' and then a write mem...it would be advisable to back up the config first.

Thanks for your help. I got it working , I erased NVRAM and restarted the switch and it recreated the file.

Rajat Chauhan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Edwin,

Please paste exact message along with "sh boot"

HTH

Raj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card