cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity CUCM directory numbers

askq2forum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi we have a failover system, does the directory numbers between primary and failover have to be consecutive, i.e. 7000-7071 for primary then can we have 8000-8071 for secondary or does the secondary have to start from 8072?

Also does the pilot number have to be consecutive from the ranges eg if i'm using 7000-7071 as the DN's can my pilot be 7999 for example or does it have to be 6999...cheers, J

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

They dont have to be consecutive. The ports will be added to a line group and then each set of line group (primary and failover) will be added to a hunt list and then the hunt pilot inturn points to the hunt list. So all you have to make sure is that the line group for the primary server is at the top.

Also there is no limit to what number you can use for your pilot number as well. As long as all numbers are unique, thats all matters.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

Hi Jag,

Just to add a note here to the great tips from my friend Sankar (+5 for this Shanky!) Most people use a nice (easy to remember) DID number like you were thinking (7999) for the Unity Pilot Number. All the other DN's can be Internal (Non-DID) numbers, so you can save a little money. Only the Pilot number needs to be dialable from the PSTN.

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

They dont have to be consecutive. The ports will be added to a line group and then each set of line group (primary and failover) will be added to a hunt list and then the hunt pilot inturn points to the hunt list. So all you have to make sure is that the line group for the primary server is at the top.

Also there is no limit to what number you can use for your pilot number as well. As long as all numbers are unique, thats all matters.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Hi Jag,

Just to add a note here to the great tips from my friend Sankar (+5 for this Shanky!) Most people use a nice (easy to remember) DID number like you were thinking (7999) for the Unity Pilot Number. All the other DN's can be Internal (Non-DID) numbers, so you can save a little money. Only the Pilot number needs to be dialable from the PSTN.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Your top guys, thanks for your response. Done this so many times but never gave it thought until I was asked the question..cheers again,J

Hi Jag,

You are always welcome :)

Cheers to you as well!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the +5. Here is a 5 for the excellent recommendation of using non DID numbers.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: