Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward single call directly to another user by pressing button

Kapil Atrish
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Requirement is to give user an option to forward the call at will to some another extention by just pressing the button on IP Phone.

For example user 7111 sees a call coming on his phone. He wants to tranfer this call to his secy at 7222. So, he should be able to press Transfer key (Or some other option) and that particular call gets transfered to his Secy. The transfer option should work for that particular call only and rest all calls in future keep on coming at 7111. If again 7111 wants to transfer any particular call he should be able to use same option again.

CCM 4.1 with CUE 2.3.

Any help is highly appreciated.

thanks,

inner_silence

7 Replies 7

ashok_boin
Level 5
Level 5

Try the below steps...

1. Create a call handler in Unity say "Manager to Secretary" in which and change the settings to immediately transfer to the secretary ext number.

2. Create a routing in call routing table in Unity for Manager number and "Send the calls to" to the call handler created as above.

Hope it helps...

Regards...

-Ashok.

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

One button transfer

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.2cbf2e90/8#selected_message

you may use the search option within Netpro, good chances someone already has asked the same

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

This feature is really excellent but it enables transfer while the call is in connected state.

I think the original question in this post talks about diverting the call to his secretary extension WITHOUT even picking up the call which cann't be achieved with DSS feature.

Regards...

-Ashok.

With best regards...
Ashok

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Inner Silence,

Hope life is treating you well! There is no built-in functionality for this request. This is where you need to explore IPMA :)

In IPMA there is the ability to specify a Target number for idivert which is not the Voicemail number. Have a look;

How to Configure the Divert Target for a Manager

Managers using Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant in proxy-line mode can use the Divert All (DivAll) and Immediate Divert (ImmDiv) features to send calls to the assistant or to another phone number (known as a target). The DivAll feature and the ImmDiv feature share the same Divert target.

Managers using Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant in shared-line mode can set up a Divert target and forward calls as the calls come in by using the ImmDiv softkey. The divert screen automatically displays when you log in.

By initial default, the Divert target is the manager's active assistant. Managers and assistants can use the procedure below to change this target.

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 From the Manager Configuration window, click the Divert tab to display the Divert Configuration window.

Step 2 (Proxy-line mode only) Select Directory Number or Assistant.

Step 3 If you selected Directory Number, enter a valid phone number. Enter the number exactly as you would dial it from your office phone.

Step 4 Save your changes.

From this CCM 5.0.4 doc (applicable to all IPMA versions)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5015/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00807bc6f3.html#wp1021652

Hope this helps! I can't think of any other way.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I explored idivert yesterday but couldn't find it meeting my requirement. Now, I think idivert alongwith Ashok's suggestion (using Unity) can work to meet my initial requirement.

Problem is that I've CUE and not Unity server. I am not sure if I can create call handelers in CUE as the same way we do in Unity. Can someone provide some input on this also?

Thanks all for your time.

thanks,

inner_silence

Hi Inner Silence,

Just as an FYI, my reference was not for the "standard" idivert (which forwards calls to VM). In IPMA there are two settings which work exactly like your original question about how a Manager can send certain calls directly to the Secretary/Admin person with the single button push :)

"Managers using Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant in proxy-line mode can use the Divert All (DivAll) and Immediate Divert (ImmDiv) features to send calls to the assistant or to another phone number (known as a target). The DivAll feature and the ImmDiv feature share the same Divert target.

Managers using Cisco Unified CallManager Assistant in shared-line mode can set up a Divert target and forward calls as the calls come in by using the ImmDiv softkey. The divert screen automatically displays when you log in."

Hope this helps!

Rob

Cool Rob,

It makes sense to me and you are going for another fiver it seems. I need to do some more research and read about this. I'll update you soon....:)

thanks,

inner_silence

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: