Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS Appliance User DB to new non-appliance ACS server

Is it possible to replicate an ACS appliance user DB and replicate it on a new non-appliance ACS server. We're adding additional ACS servers and don't want to re-create all the groups and mappings. Think of it as ghosting an appliance and restoring it on a new server. Thx

4 Replies 4

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Yes you can replicate the acs configuration. Just make sure that acs ver on both server are same.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

I was hoping I would get you JG! Thanks for the quick reply. Can you point me in the right direction as to where I would find the procedures to accompish this task? TIA - U get a 5

Here is the link,

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080742f60.shtml

Here is the troubleshooting check list, in case you face any issue,

1) Make sure that you are not replicating over NAT. Replication over NAT does not work because the IP is used as part of the server authentication

2) Next, check to make sure that you are not sending or receiving the distribution table. On the primary server, the distribution table should not be checked in the send list, and on the secondary, the distribution table should not be checked for receive.

3) Then I would like you to check in the secondary server's partner list, to make sure that the primary is not listed. You should not enter the primary server into the partner list on the secondary server. However, the primary server should have all secondary servers listed in its partner list.

4) Ensure that the secondary server has it's replication scheduling set to "manual".

5) Please verify that your servers are all running exactly the same ACS version and build.

6) Also let me know if we have any firewall in between two acs servers.

Regards,

~JG

Thank you sir. I will give it a shot and get back to you. I will tell you though that we are running our ACS's behind a CSS, but not a FW or NAT device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: