Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS/Campus 5.0.3 : how uninstall Campus 5.0.3

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know how uninstall campus 5.0.3.

On the readme, they talk only about reinstalling but not uninstalling.

Many thanks,

Elisabeth

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What OS?

windows 2003

Go to Start > All Programs > CiscoWorks > Uninstall CiscoWorks. Select Campus Manager from the list of installed applications.

Hi Joe,

Campus 5.0.2 will still on the server ?

Or do we need to reinstall Campus 5.0.2 restore backup from campus 5.0.2 and install campus 5.0.3 ?

Many thanks foryour help,

Elisabeth

If you uninstall Campus, then it will be gone. I thought that is what you wanted. If you want to upgrade from 5.0.2 to 5.0.3, then just install the 5.0.3 update. You don't need to uninstall at all.

Customer has upgrate to campus 5.0.3. But she cannot launch Topology service.

I ask her to unistall all plugin java on her pc and connect to lms to download it.

But if this action doesn't work she wants to uninstall campus 5.0.3 to comeback to campus 5.0.2.

I think that unistall all Java plugin and download java from lms will correct his issue. But If it doesn't ...

Returning to Campus 5.0.2 will not be possible without hacking some files, or reinstalling all of LMS from scratch. Some troubleshooting should be done before making such a drastic move.

I think you are right that the problem is related to the client and not to the server, so going back to CM 5.0.2 would be the wrong way. Troubleshoot the client would be much better!

The easiest way would be (as you told her) if she would uninstall all Java that is on her client PC.

- Close all browser sessions

- remove all Java (Start-Settings-Contorl Panel-Add/Remove Software)

- COPY the java from the LMS Server to the Client (easiest is mapping a network drive)

which is located in the following path (NMSROOT\htdocs\plugin\jre-1_5_0_13-windows-i586-p_withvbj.exe - where NMSROOT is the install. directory of LMS)

- install this version and integrate it into Internet Explorer

- launch Topology Services through

LMS Portal > Campus Manager > Visualization > Topology Services

if she uses IE 7 and trys to lauch Topology Services through

Campus Manager > Home

on that page under 'Operational Tasks' > Topology Services

and this does not work (pop-up that gets imediatetly closed even pop-up blocker is disabled), she needs to adjust some security settings in IE:

Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites (you should add LMS to the trusted sites!)

then click on 'Custom Level' and go to the section 'Active X controls and plug-ins'

set 'Run Active X controls and plug-ins' to 'enable'

confirm the change and try it again.

Hi,

Customer has uninstall all java and she has dowload java from lms server. Now it is ok !

Anyway, I know now that it is not easy to uninstall a minor lms version.

Many thanks for your help,

Elisabeth

Oh, UNINSTALLING is not the problem - but reverting back to a minor version is never an easy way - so a full backup of the server (with dmgtd stopped!!) is always advisable before installing a version upgrade. Additionally testing the taken backups on another machine from time to time is also not a bad idea...

BTW ... haven't you read that little pop-up while installing the update ?? ;-) but you must have clicked 'Yes' to go forward...

if I remember well it says - you should take a backup and you cannot go back.... (- and you have bought a washing mashine :-) )

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: